(December 26, 2018 / JNS) The Simon Wiesenthal Center released its annual list on Wednesday of the 10 worst anti-Semitic incidents in 2018.
1. The Pittsburgh synagogue massacre
The deadliest attack in American Jewish history, 11 worshippers were shot and killed during Shabbat-morning services on Oct. 27 at the Tree of Life*Or L’Simcha Synagogue.
2. Louis Farrakhan’s use of Nazi propaganda to dehumanize of Jews
During a speech in October in Detroit, Nation of Islam leader Louis Farrakhan slammed those who call him a Jew-hater: “I’m not mad at you because you’re so stupid. … So when they talk about Farrakhan, and call me a hater, you do what they do: call me an anti-Semite. … Stop it, I’m an anti-termite.”
3. Swastikas on multiple U.S. campuses after the Pittsburgh tragedy
Swastikas were found at Duke University, University of Illinois, Cornell University, Stanford University and other higher education institutions in the aftermath of the deadliest shooting in U.S. Jewish history.
4. The Jeremy Corbyn-led British Labour Party mainstreams anti-Semitism in the United Kingdom
5. UNRWA’s school curriculum that wipes Israel out of existence and venerates the mass murderer of Jews
6. Airbnb’s discrimination against Jewish residents in Judea and Samaria
7. German bank’s association with leading BDS group
8. Episcopal bishop’s wholesale fabrication of non-existent Israeli atrocities against Arab children
9. Prestigious Swedish hospital’s refusal to act against overt Jew-hatred in its top ranks
10. Roger Waters using concert venues to spread vitriol against the Jewish people